My name is Steve Cooper and this is my blog/articles about my photography. I'm an application developer during the day but my main interest is photography. I'm based in Swindon in the UK.
I started out with photography back in the mid 80's and spent countless hours in my darkroom up in the loft doing B&W developing and enlarging. A big thank you to Dad for all the hand me down kit and advice at the time.
I progressed to a Minolta Dynax SLR camera from an old manual SLR and had many years of picture taking before taking a break from photography for a good few years.
Although my iPhone 4S and Canon IXUS 70 are marvelous at getting great pictures I decided it was time to take back a bit more control. I now have a Sony SLT-A65V and best of all I'm enjoying my photography again.
photo storage and enhancements I use Lightroom and Photoshop. I like to get the image right in the camera but also love to be more creative with the post processing too and am always learning new post processing skills..
Some of my modelling shoots can be seen on my purpleport profile
- Blog - My blog section contains lots of day to day entries about what I've been up to and things I have tried and what I have learnt.
- Tips & Techniques - This is where I create a catalogue of blog entries on different topics together with more detailed information about how I have created some of the pictures is contained in the How To pages.
- Galleries - Some of my pictures on particular subjects for you to view.
- Photo Shoots - Images from particular models or studio sessions
- All About Me - As it says stuff about me, my kit, links and books I like etc.